January 2017 Bulletin
From National Exchange…
Save the Date! This year’s 99th National Convention will be held in Jacksonville, FL., July 13-15, 2017. Register easily online: NationalExchangeClub.org/Convention.
1.31.17 Sheriff Ed Lester – Meth in Butte
2.7.17 Darla Newman & Kathy Griffith – Empty Bowls
2.14.17 Ron Ueland – Montana Craft Malt
2.21.17 Student of the Year Banquet (tentative)
2.28.17 Stephanie Sorini – Butte Chamber of Commerce
Friday morning’s Exchange Club work crew will be working at the new Carousel (3100 Harrison Ave). Interested volunteers should meet every Friday morning at 8:30 AM. There are also general public work hours every Sunday 12 noon to 4:00 pm. If there are any questions club members can call Pat Cooney (490-8490) or Jim Stilwell (490-5741).
Mark your calendars and dig out your masks for this year’s fundraiser to be held on February 24th, 2017. The theme will be Mardi Gras. The annual event begins at 6:00 p.m. at the Butte Country Club. The cost is $75.00 per person. Call Linda at 360-631-0947 for reservations. Bring your friends and enjoy a fun event. Reservations are required.
• New Member Orientation – The club hosted a new member orientation and social event at Quarry Brewing on Thursday, January 26th. The orientation was held upstairs in the Grand Hotel room and started at 5:00 pm. Beer and refreshments were provided by the club to the orientation attendees and guests.
The new members who attended were Noah Thatcher, Corey Dennehy, Shain Reilly and Don Wilson.
President, Linda Corr-Mahugh covered the following topics.
• Who We Are
• Vision and Mission Statement
• Where Do Dues Go
• Officers and Board of Directors—terms and how they are elected
• Yellowstone District
• The Covenant of Service
• National Partners
• Butte Exchange Club’s Committees—Calendar, Purposes and Chairs
• How to Access Local and National web sites
• Funding Application for Community Projects
Marie Kagie-Shutey and Doug Rotondi also attended and discussed the Child Abuse Prevention Committee, Field of Honor, and GiveAKidAFlag Programs.
Following the orientation, about 20 club members joined the new members for “Pint Night” downstairs in the tap room. Pizza was served and for every beer purchased, the Quarry donated 50 cents to the Exchange Club Foundation of Butte…thanks Chuck and Lyza for all you do for Exchange Club and the Butte Community. (Thank you to Linda Corr-Mahugh for the article)
• The Fundraiser Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, at 5:00 pm at Quarry Brewing. Contact Doug Rotondi (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. Mark your calendars for this year’s fundraiser to be held on February 24th, 2017. The theme will be Mardi Gras. If you have a silent or live auction to donate, please contact Doug Rotondi (email@example.com). Watch the weekly updates for further details.
• The annual fundraiser raffle has begun. Raffle tickets are $10 each and each club member is asked to sell a book of five tickets. The prize is a $1,500 travel voucher. Please contact John Keely (firstname.lastname@example.org). if you need more tickets.
• If you have any ideas for speakers at our weekly meetings, please contact Holly McCamant (email@example.com) or Doug Rotondi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Update and Reminder
The Communications Committee would like to remind you that we rely on committee chairmen and all club members to send us meeting announcements, stories and photos since we cannot be present at Club events.
Please use your cell phones and capture some fun photos to send us.
Please send all details on upcoming events & speakers to: email@example.com
If you have taken photos at Club events that you want to share, please send them to:firstname.lastname@example.org (cell phone shots are OK)
Need help? Call: Elyse Lewis –Public Relations Chairman – 565-0801
Bulletin Editor – Penny McElroy
Mobile: (406) 490-1946 Home: (406) 494-2731